Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

February 14, 2011

WFR: Ashley Hamilton

Ashley Hamilton loves taking pictures, Jesus, the Ocean and sunshine, and of course she also loves People and Young Life. We met in 2003 when I came down to Rockbridge from Connecticut to do Summer Staff. She was a fixture at camp the entirety of my 4 years on Young Life Staff, and was even one of my store summer staff girls one summer. She talks about as fast as me, and is full of energy. We have a lot in common, and its no surprise that when we are together that there is always a lot of talking.

She moved to Washington Family Ranch last fall to learn all she can about Mark 2 Ministries which runs a program with Young Life there. Today I got her postcard and could only smile as I looked at the picture, a place I spent some time last year myself. WFR is a completely different Young Life Camping experience for those who work there. I sometimes miss in the chaos and accessibility the things about being in Antelope brought me. Learning how to go without "running to Walmart quick" for a forgotten dinner ingredient was the biggest one! Mostly. It's quiet. The stars shine bright, and when the moon is full you can see clear across camp without the need for lights. It's a special place in my heart, always will be... and to open my mailbox today and read that a friend is having a sweet journey of growth and exploration with Christ while living there for a season- just made me smile.

Ashley. Yes. Coffee in Lexington next time you are in town. For sure.
Thanks so much for being part of this project, it really means more then I can say. I am glad you think its a genius project! It's been amazingly fun and different then I ever expected!
xoxo Kar


Kari!
Greetings from the West Coast! How's life in Virginia?
I often find myself missing the little things of that fine state.
I think this post card idea is genius. I hope you are doing well, Kari. I hope and pray the Lord is teaching you lots & loving you well. I think that I can honestly say that I've never learned as much as I have about the Lord and about Christ and myself as I have in the last 4 months since I've moved to Oregon It's been a very sweet journey that I would love to share over coffee the next time in Lex if you 're up for it!
Ash Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment