Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

February 6, 2011

Paris: June 13, 2009

I just spent the past five minutes fingering through a stack of old postcards trying to decide what was going to be the selection for today's Sentimental Sunday. I have often said that when I traveled solo I found myself at the end of whatever it was I was dealing with at home, and was able to really hear, see, know, and feel God. Unfortunately, I came home from my adventures and would often struggle to remember the epiphany from abroad.

In the summer of 2009 I went to Europe. I went and backpacked alone for five weeks. That trip was incredibly inspired, moving, challenging, and eye opening. Tonight I hosted a Super Bowl party for my work besties and Lexington Family. There are many things to mention about the experience I just had, but I think the one that most pertains to the selection below is that the girl that I have grown into, matured into, and have become is not far removed or different then the one who backpacked Europe alone. I am a lot like her. However, the biggest difference is that I, with my friends, am exactly peaceful, content, and challenged and in love with life and God IN her community as I was alone. It took awhile to get here. And there was a lot of stuff that happened to get to this place.

But tonight.
I know without a doubt.
It was worth it.
I pray to remember that when it seems like so much has been lost.
I didn't know yet what was coming in Disney or Greece when I wrote this postcard. And I didn't yet know what the future held at home. And not that knowing now changes anything, I understand that accepting it does. It changes me.
Thankful. For Paris. And for what came the next day before the Passport was lost...



June 13
Self...
1) Crepe man this morning.
2) The Eiffel Tower- larger then life
3) Versailles- ornate and majestic
4) The metro... I love public transportation.
5) Best writing found in airports.
6) One more day before Disney with the Stegmans.
7) Still thinking in Italian. But smiles, laughter are universal.
8) I miss Italy. I just can't help it.
9) Happy. Tired. Psyched for Greece.
10) Silence. Thought. Awareness.
11) Notre Dame... Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment