Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

January 27, 2011

Hello. Well Yes Hello: Abernathy

Let me introduce you to Abernathy Bland.
She's witty. Wickedly talented. Funny.
Bold. Authentic. Joyful. Captivating. Honest.
And she's an Aunt. A very proud, doting Aunt.

I met Abernathy in 2005 in Disney World, when Matt and I were there for a little vacation. Abernathy went to college with Matt, and at the time was an intern for the World of Disney. She worked at Pinocchio's Village Hause: fantastic place of eating (though she aspired to be Alice... I still think she'd make the most perfect Alice from Wonderland). She and her friends sang Happy Birthday to me and I loved her upon our first meeting.

Fast forward years later to an Oktoberfest party in Richmond at a beloved mutual friend's house. Reconnecting with Abernathy that night was so fun, and since then we've stayed in inconsistant yet consistent touch. We aspire to a Lexington hangout time with our favorite people- but alas we have yet to see such plans come to life.

Not that she's a starving an artist, but that she's an artist and like most artists she is starving for expression and the release of such... and to do this more often: she quit her day job. She's inspiring. She's focusing on the fabric of who she is, and I think you will agree, its a beautiful masterpiece of a life. She daydreams in color and she's wonderfully talented.

She made me a postcard. I opened my mail today and seriously- was so touched that she made me a one of kind Abernathy Bland Postcard of love, and she addressed it with a crown: Postcard Princess. I loved it. And here, check out her stuff. Pass her information along. Let her work make you smile. Let it make you scratch your head. Mostly- I hope it moves you to think and explore your own world, wherever you are at, doing whatever it is you may be doing. Thanks Abernathy for the mail- completely made my day. Especially because it came with a Bette Davis stamp!

Love.Love.
K


Go to her website:

Read her blog:


!Hey- I support anything that encourages savoring the moment + spreading good cheer. Best of luck to your postcard project. hope to see you soon for games. food. drinks. laughs + postcards!
p.s. here's a top 10 of loves right now. 1. Maya Angelou 2. coffee 3. ink pens 4. packaging tape 5. kindness 6. hat w giant flower (aqua) 7. black nails 8. bacon wrapped dates 9. pillows 10. piano music.
xoxo
Abernathy

No comments:

Post a Comment