Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

February 10, 2011

Radio.

It's been a few days. I have had these two postcards waiting to be scanned since last week, and I have a few more written in my head just waiting to get on the card. However, life has been a little busy in recent days, but I'll be honest not so busy I have not had time. Just needed a break. Some time. It's been funny to get messages asking for updates on this blog, it amazes me how friends will keep up with me here instead of calling (I know its my busy work season, I'm not judging you, just acknowledging my inability to pursue communication well).

I am learning a ton right now. I am in a really vulnerable and strong place and I am thankful for it. I will get the thoughts that support this growth down on paper today, put a stamp on it and have its journey documented here. I promise.

Until then here are two from last week about the radio. The first one I wrote before I left for work on Wednesday. Then coming home from work I had the experience on the second one, and I only wrote it because I wanted to remember that the bizarre radio playlist happened. It was real. It meant something, but it didn't change anything. And sometimes I wonder how Jesus is at work, and how he uses every avenue to communicate with me, or get my attention. I just don't always understand what He is trying to say. Or remind me. Or convict me. Perhaps mostly, He is just telling me that He is real, and He is at work. Always. Always. Always. Through those I meet, friends I have, hurts I grieve, and in removing distraction so I could either shut the radio off, or be bold and listen. And wait. Wait. For what's next or what's coming. I am thankful that because I believe and trust in Him, I am made more bold and patient, more refined and tender. Changed and changing. So while I listened to song after song that meant something about a time, person, friendship, experience, growth, and loss... I am also able to acknowledge how different I am because I know the truth. He is the truth. All that from that radio... and yes thoughts of my radio friend whom will understand the meaning behind each song I heard, and knows that yes... I tapped my finger on the gearshift with my ring while I drove. Yes. I did.


Yes. Jesus still lives in the radio... but here is a list of my current favorite music indulgences... and frequent repeaters.
1) Parachute: Train
2) That's How You Know: Lori McKenna
3) F*in Perfect: P!nk
4) Rocket Science: Lori McKenna
5) Exit Wounds: The Script
6) If You Ever Come Back: The Script
7) Grenade: Bruno Mars
8) Firework: Katy Perry
9) Don't You Wanna Stay: J.Alden & K. Clarkson
10) I don't have a 10. :o)


My radio friend:
The other day I lost my phone in my house. I left for work without it and enjoyed the feeling of not being so connected to everything. However it made me pay attention to the radio because I wasn't talking. It was the most ridiculous 50 minute car ride. And I'm guessing you had to be there to believe it. But I prayed and I thought for the entire ride home. And was sort of speechless. Back to back I heard the following: Already Gone, Come Back to Me, Black Horse and A Cherry Tree, No Air, Umbrella, and Don't Give Up You Are Loved. If I had my camera there would be proof. Thursday, I didn't want to listen to the radio at all, and I found my phone. Life returned. But that 50 minutes? I just prayed. And thought. -K

No comments:

Post a Comment