Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

February 12, 2011

Super Party

Super Party was planned three weeks before the game at work with Leah and Jessica. I didn't even have TV hooked up in my house. But their enthusiasm, and the Packers/Steelers combo won me over. We talked about this party endlessly. We were pumped. And I was particularly excited that they would meet my friends in Lexington, Gracie, and hang out at my house.

I have struggled in balancing a Lexington and a Roanoke life. It's not the commute. I actually have not minded the commute. It's the inability to bring full circle two pieces of my everyday that mean a lot. Super Bowl Sunday did that for the first time. Jessica and Leah were both comfortable and felt included, and its been hysterical hearing their first and lasting impressions of all of my friends.

Honestly. It was a victorious night. For so many reasons. It was complete and whole. I did not want/wish/desire a single thing to be different. Well... with the exception of wanting my brother Bill and sister Kristyn there. But besides that. Perfection.

Still obviously in an Italian state of mind. Below is a photograph of my shadow outside of Harry's Bar in Venice. Matt texted me directions on how to get there, and we shared a Bellini in spirit. It was delicious. Great.Great. Memory.


Sunday Super Bowl Party. Favorite night of 2011 So Far!!

So having the work besties meet my Lexington besties was hysterical.
1) We did an ice breaker. Thanks to Matt's random suggestion of "your name & fave Disney character". Most said that was favorite part of night. (Besides Packers winning).
2) The amazing spread of party food. A true collaborative effort. So delicious.
3) The photobooth is always a winning idea. The pictures are always so hysterical. Processing them? Not as much fun when there are over 600. Must do that today.
4) Watching my friends really enjoy each other. Everyone had fun. Jessica and Leah meeting the Lex crew and putting faces to all of the stories. Worlds colliding. I am thankful that the Lord has blessed me with great people, and that I have a passion for community. Love it.
5) Packers. Yes. Screamed. Happy. Joy for Brother!!
6) Texts from Carol Hypes... so cute. Love that she was "with" us at the party celebrating.
7) I went to bed around midnight. I slept through the night. Woke up at 9am. Slept soundly. Peacefully. Was the first night like that in easily months. Possibly years. Yes. Probably years. It was great.
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment