Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

February 22, 2011

Sock Monkeys: Matty

I have been thinking about this post for a couple of days. I got this postcard on Saturday, and in the midst of some other happenings in my house I was not able to get it posted. The writer does not really need an introduction... if you know me, you know him. You've either met him in person, or you've met him in my stories.

The fact is. Matty is the most loyal best friend I've ever had. Our friendship has had growing pains, and easy tides. We've explored different parts of the country, and we've recreated favorite ethnic dishes at home. He knows my whole family, and my brother Bill is his greatest fan.

As I write this I am remembering an email I wrote a couple of days before Thanksgiving. The night before I had a hurtful conversation with someone and I was giving him the little update. In contrast to the way I had been treated, I think for the first time I had the words to describe to Matt how I felt about him...

"You have always been an incredible stable and loyal force in my heart, life, and pursuit of Christ- and in recent months I have been so humbled and amazed at the way that in our friendship- known, tried, true: how we are continuing to grow in a more special way as brother and sister pursuing Christ... thanks for always having my back and protecting me in groups of gossip, and celebrating life with me in groups of love."

We drive each other crazy. And my Bridal Christmas season has impacted our friendship... but I love him. He's an amazing brother and best friend, and my heart aches with joy and anticipation when I think of meeting his wife and kids one day, and all the stories we will be able to share with our families about the adventures, love, and laughter the Lord blessed us with when we met all those years ago.



Kur,
Found this and thought it would be a great postcard! I'm really excited for House Dinner tonight, Cashew Chicken in the best! HD at your house is always special since that's where it all began. Thanks for being you.
Smooches
Matty
p. Sock monkeys are taking over. Watch out Teddy Bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment