Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

February 11, 2011

January 30-Feb 5th Recap

Picture from Venice, Italy. I have been in an Italian state of mind recently.


January 30-Feb 5 Recap


-So Black Swan was a weird movie. But it was artistic and creative and so of course I loved it. Ryan locking his keys in the car was just funny and thankfully it was warm outside while we debated what to do.
-I had 3 days off in one week. Praise the Lord. Days off are hard, but I am learning how to focus my mind in the struggle.
-Friday I went to Target and had the best afternoon shopping for my Super Bowl Party. I felt relaxed. I felt like me.
-Saturday Sangria Sessions continue. Jessica left Alexis and I to join a dinner party with her husband. It was great to sit and catch up- the couple before us at the bar left 1/2 a bottle of wine... it was so good. Alexis and I talked a lot about decisions and how making changes is hard. He's taken a lot of my advice and perspective to heart and its amazing to hear what comes of our Saturday Happy Hour nights @ Carrabbas. I always leave really thankful for Jessica and Alexis.
-With TV reinstalled in the house, watching it is weird but funny. There was a Glee marathon so I caught up on that. Cried during the wedding episode, "Furt".
-Last week Matty and I addressed the weirdness in our friendship. He pursued the conversation. He was bold and vulnerable. As I drove away from it I was deeply moved that someone who had felt replaced in my life--he fought for me and fought for us. I have been hurt by that word recently and it was healing to stand with someone who knew that they could share their heart and in turn hear mine. The fight? was dumb. We are back on track. It was just a weird phase. I think we've moved on now. No one could ever replace Matt. Ever.
Last week was good. Great even.

Favorite things Right now:
1) Avocados
2) Seafood
3) The Trenta size at Starbucks
4) Not the radio. Quiet in the car.
5) Basketball conversations with Mandy. So loud.
6) Sangria Saturdays
7) A really great night's sleep (rarity)
8) Random phone calls just to say Hi.
9) Mentos Spearmint Gum
10) Warmer winter days.
Love.Love.
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment