Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

February 3, 2011

January Recap: With Thanks

When this idea was born, I honestly had no idea what direction it was going to go in. I did not know what to expect from those who would follow it (if anyone would), what those that would comment would say, who would take the invitation and run with it (Talley: 2 postcards to her credit!), and what I would use the card space to say.

Sometimes I found myself wanting to pour out my entire heart on the card.
And other times I only wanted to highlight the good stuff. The great stuff. The stuff that sometimes passes too quickly.
Looking back on this collection so far, I am so incredibly thankful (already) that in the documentation of good and great, that the real was also articulated. The hard. The depth of real true, living breathing life. The challenging. I read those cards and I'm thankful that in the business of life, and the distraction- that there was a moment in the chaos that I was able to be quiet. Even if only long enough to write the postcard.

Looking forward to the next 11 months of this project. I have friends who are about to travel, and I'm excited to see what comes to my mailbox from their adventures. Mostly, having lacked the discipline to journal, I'm encouraged by the opportunity that this project provides to write... to write what matters. The other day I responded to everyone who wrote me this month, and I hope that in the coming months I will be able to continue doing that.

Thanks for the several of you who have followed each post, and written or asked me about how this is going. This idea was seriously born among two beloved siblings, and I am thankful for their encouragement to pursue it.


The month of January:
- 20 posts on the blog
- over 567 hits
- 6 guest contributors
- 4 Sentimental Sunday's
- countless emails of support and enthusiasm
- getting the mail: favorite part of my day.

Thanks Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment