Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

February 20, 2011

Passport Lost: Paris 2009

A few years ago I learned one of the biggest lessons about trusting God in all circumstances and situations while in Disney Paris. I lost my passport on a ride. And after hours of talking to people at the US Embassy, and trying to sort out how I would obtain an emergency passport before my departure the next day to Greece, I was still left without much of a plan.

I left for dinner with the Stegmans whom I had met up for one day of fun out of five weeks of solo time. In the midst of dinner shortly after I said that I knew and trusted God, Jeni's phone rang and my passport had been found. I have written a lot about that day, how I felt, and what that experience meant to me on my personal blog articulating all things I think. I learned so much that day, and those weeks away I will forever be grateful for the opportunity to go. This small blurb about that trip almost seems disrespectful to everything that I learned!

Yesterday in the midst of an incredibly difficult circumstance I found myself remembering that day in Paris without a passport with the Stegmans. I remembered how joyful I was and how much I knew that I was safe. That I was not in control, and how that was a good thing. I thought of this postcard that I sent a friend in the States, and as I went to sleep I thought how so much of this postcard from that day, is exactly what I would have said about yesterday. Thankfully some of my favorite postcards I've ever sent were used in compiling my scrap book and so I have them scanned for my own copies. So... its the Sentimental Sunday offering this week.

I have a bunch of updates for tomorrow- but today will leave this simply to close out a very intense weekend.

June 15 The Most Intense Day Ever...

"I cannot begin to describe what the experience of yesterday has done to my heart. I start crying when thinking about it too long- and I am so moved by the way that the Lord carried me, and how in a way that is typically impossible for me... I let him. The park was great- there was much left undone but I feel confident that I will be there again. I laughed and was excited about it all- and even in the midst of devastations the peaceful calm and trust that I was ok..."

No comments:

Post a Comment