Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

February 2, 2012

Georgia: Ashley BFF

I met Ashley when she was an intern at Washington Family Ranch. Some people you just instantly click with and "get". She is definitely one of those girls. I instantly loved hearing about her life there in Oregon, what plans she hoped for in the future- her terrible time missing sweet tea and chik fil a. She was open and honest, which at the time I needed so much as I navigated myself through a difficult and really hard time. A bright spot she was. And I'm thankful that after a season now finished, and a life continuing to progress forward that this sweet friend, that lovingly referred to us as BFF's is still part of my life.

As midnight approached on New Years Eve, Ashley wrote me a message asking if it was too late to send a postcard in, as she had thought about the project all year. I laughed, and of course she could send a postcard in. It would count. The exception would be made. For her. When it arrived, I took a few moments to think about the journey I was on that led me to WFR, and those visits at camp. I hardly recognize the person that I have matured and grown into, in comparison to that manic and emotionally charged girl. I am thankful that through the difficulty, and layers of grief that I was trying so hard to bury- that Ashley still thought I was fun to talk to and be around. What a blessing that was.

We live closer to each other now that I live in Winston. We will be reuniting this summer. I just know it.

Thankful for her, and this postcard. It was a very special moment to pull out a ray of sunshine that was born when so much felt uncertain and true. To reflect and rejoice on the work that the Lord does in our hearts and lives as we continue to cling to His promises and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment