Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

February 10, 2011

Virtual BFF: Sarah Haeck

It shouldn't be any surprise but it is every time.
Every time I open up my mailbox and find a postcard tucked inside.
I think what takes me back more is not that there is one, but usually who wrote it.

Today Sarah Haeck's friendship greeting arrived in the mail.
We have never lived in the same town.
We have never really hung out one on one.
We have never exchanged phone numbers.
But we are best friends. Virtual ones.
We know that if we lived in the same place we'd be two peas in a pod.
We would talk endlessly about all things that matter, and then a lot about things that don't.
She wrote me a postcard saying a lot of these things. And I love it. And her.

This blog was such a small idea. I'm so thankful for friends near and far that have contributed, and for friends that I wish lived closer so we could take our friendship to Target, the movies, Dinner's out, and laugh in person about all the things I know we would love and think funny.

Sarah. You are the best. Your message could not have come on a more perfect day. Thanks BFF!

Kari,
So I felt like I wanted to get in on all your postcard joys & stuff. You're so creative! You always have been. I chose my card wisely... as Matt always said to you he thought we'd be best friends if we lived closer. What's more fitting than 2 friends grabbing their teddy bears (or pillows) & a cup of joe or glass of wine & giggling over life & love. Imagine this is how we would be. My dear, know that someone is praying & thinking about you today. May God bless you richly & lavish his love upon you.
And: GO PACKERS!!
Sarah Haeck

No comments:

Post a Comment