Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

March 1, 2011

Safe.Home.

I have always thought this picture spoke "knock and the door shall be opened." Recently however in light of some major things learned, I have looked at it more with the thoughts of how safe and loved we are behind the door. The feeling of being safe at home. How home isn't just where you lay your head, or store your things. How home has become so much of how I feel with the Lord, regardless of my physical location. How safe, protected and loved I have felt there... and thankfully also here. For myself and for others.

By all definintions and classifications I opened up my home to a stranger- barely a friend- on Saturday night. A girl I work with needed help. The Lord placed me in the situation with objectivity, support, and wisdom. I did not feel adequate or prepared. But the Lord knew. He equips us as we need it- and somehow it worked out. I admit I struggle with wanting to fix things- everything. However I have been learning so much about how by trusting God to use us- we are more effective because our ego and heart know its not us at all. The pressure to be perfect subsides- and our hearts are transformed forever. The lessons learned that night by sharing this home and beign a friends are continuing to be revealed. This house has been such a huge blessing to me and others. I think I have often taken for granted how safe I feel here. Secure. Protected. In the anxiety of making those things vulnerable I was able to appreciate how the Lord asks us to trust, rely, and rest only in His provision and protection. My life is not my own. My experiences are not limited to me. All glory to the Father. Let my life be a reflections of His mercies. His love. His redemption. His love! Saturday night I gave every minute over to Him in control and provision. My ability to love someone I barely know, to understand the gravity of that choice and escape... to open my door, invite her in. To share my journey and my understanding of hope. Freedom. Grace. I found myself so incredibly changed by loving and helping someone in such a difficult place- that I can only bow in awe to the Father- whom is always safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment