Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

March 21, 2011

Lucy & Ethel: Jessica

I don't know how to explain her. Words just don't seem to do justice.

She and I met the summer of 2003 at Rockbridge. We both picked bottom bunks across from each other. My first impression was, "who is this girl? and where can I get her accent?". She laughed at nearly everything I said, and she was full of LIFE. Our friendship was instant.

Through the years we've had numerous visits between us and we've continued laughing. However, there is a richness to the time we spend and a kinship that I would never trade.

Her strength is deep, it runs along the lines of her enormous heart and spirit.
Her faith is real its been tried and tested... but its tenderly remained.
Her heart is HUGE, it's been weathered and celebrated.

She's the voice that reminds me that I can do anything. Anything. Absolutely... anything.
She's my biggest fan, and has been quietly supportive of my choices regardless of her lack of understanding them! When I traveled, she was the FIRST to comment on every album documenting every journey around the world.

This past week she was here at the house for a quick trip. We talked about the future, we talked our weddings (working in Bridal will do this to a girl, weddings are always on the forefront of conversation). She was talking about mine, and said that she was probably going to be crying the whole time. I asked why, and she just said, "you are one of those people, that I will just cry". I didn't quite understand what that meant really, but at the same time I knew completely. Her heart has been with me since we've met. She's championed every success, and she's wanted so much more then what I often settle for. I'd like to think, and I aspire to- do that same thing for her.

Her name is Jessica. She has a dog named Duchess, and a cat named Hope. They are her children. Her nephew Bryce calls her Bessie, which CRACKS ME UP. Her family is the most important thing in her life. She is amazingly talented and will make my wedding cake one day.

When I'm with her, I talk like her. It makes Kristyn laugh, but its so natural.
When I'm with her, I'm reminded again how I scored in having her to share this crazy life with.
When I'm with her, I pray for the man that will capture her heart and protect her for a lifetime.
When I'm with her, I hope she knows that she's worth it.



Lucy- "I have a plan"
Ethel- "I'm still recovering from your last plan."
You are like my Ethel. Thanks for always being there.
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so funny story. I got the notification last night that you had tagged me in a fb post. EXCITING! However since I live in the middle of the woods, the page wouldn't load! So I go to sleep, thinking I'll check it at work. At 6:30 this morning I wake up and the page had loaded!! YAH!!! So here I am, reading in the dark on a little phone screen, sobbing terribly! I thought about texting you, but then thought better! lol I sincerely cherish our friendship. It's one of the largest blessings in my life! And as you know, family really is EVERYTHING to me. And I want you to know that you are most certainly are a part of my family. So often my Mother will ask, "How's Kari?", "Where is Kari now?" "I'd like to see Kari!"
    Please know that you are thought and prayed for often. I look so forward to our future's and where they will lead us, yet always staying the dearest of pals! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete