Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

March 24, 2011

More Alive: March 21


I feel more alive when the weather is warmer. Its not just the feel of the sun on my face. It's the rebirth of the earth in the mtns. Trees begin their introduction to Spring and if you squint I am sure you can see it happening right in front of you. Easter is one of my most beloved Holidays in the year. Emily and I used to always spend them together, and this year we aren't. Though I will see her 2 weeks after. I can best explain my love for Easter by saying- I am in so many ways unable to fully understand God's Grace and Sacrifice for me. I am humbled by the Gift given on the crucifix0 and in my OCD and perfectionism and all that I try so hard to control- I see the cross and I instantly remember the truth. And then... I sense myself come alive. All the pressure to be something or everything to everyone dissipates and I am made authentic. A daughter of the King. No one else. Warmer weather brings bright wardrobe colors- flip flops- and rain jackets. Spring Showers that saturate the earth and bring it to life. Easter brings 40 days of Lent that allow us to focus on being without that which stands in our way of knowing Christ. The removal allows the more dense and hard to work soul to be available to water, nourishment, and the time with sacrificial and miraculous love. So yes. I feel more alive and made more me... in this season. Thankful for it- the sun- and the rain.
Love.Love.
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment