Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

March 24, 2011

Elephant Ride: March 23



Self.
Sometimes its hard in the midst of adventure to take a moment and pause.
Sometimes its hard in the midst of someone you love to remain still.
Recently I have opened up about stories, relationships, sights seen, food tasted, hurts felt, and dreams realized.
I have been sharing not just the present but the past too.
Good things.
Hard things.
Real things.
I have been struck by the race- the sprint of life.
And how thankfully- remarkably- the mentality has shifted since China last year.
Yet still I am hearing what I share and I am remembering big things.
Huge things.
They range in emotional significance- and sometimes they hurt.
Sometimes they make me smile.
Sometimes I am left more grateful for the journey.
Sometimes they blow my mind.
Like remembering- an elephant ride on Christmas day in Thailand. Crazy!
Savor.
Remember.
Share.
It's Magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment