Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

December 14, 2011

Waiting. The Light.



In places of worship- most notably in Catholic Churches there are altars of light prepared and presented before the congreation to come and rest. To place their prayers before God and bring Light. To their Darkness. To bring hope to their weighted concerns. I was drawn to this while exploring Italy. I stood before rows and banisters of people waiting to bring light to their prayers. Burdens. I remember looking at this candle holder. empty. Waiting for its purpose to be fulfilled. I was quiet and thought about what weighed heavily on my heart- and rejoiced for what my time abroad was releasing from my spirit. If I were before this fixture now- these months and years later- I am grateful for what has changed but for what has also remained. That God would use me. Stretch me. that I would continue to find my value in Him. That I would choose love. Aways. That I would trust him. His timing. His plan. that I would continue to seek his Light. To banish my darkness.
This picture always spoke that it was waiting for prayers. The anticipation. The great expectations. I love that with Christ- Life is much like that. In patience and resolve. With hope and Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment