Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

December 22, 2011

bench: a whispered truth



Sometimes I see this picture and I am instantly placed there.
On the edge of the world. This was taken at sunset- in Santorini.
Sometimes I think if you went and sat down here, on this bench that you would find my heart. Beating with questions. Curiosities. Hopes. And prayers for what would come. That would require both strength but also grace and resolve. There has always been a meaning and story behind this image. I remember it well. I do not need to sit there and I don't need to see this picture to be reminded of it.
The greatest part of it lives on still.
Once there was a curious girl who pursued a time of reflection and understanding of self and her Savior. She didn't know what it would take to find both- or where she would have to go. On the edge of the world she sat. Watching a tremendous and quiet sunset. She got up when it was finished. Walked away. Needing one last look- she glanced back and captured this. It whispers, "Strength was here the whole time. Home is coming. You are more then ready. Don't miss it. Slow down. Breathe deep. I am your God. I love you." Thankful for the here and now. But also for that girl who finally came home and knows. The truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment