Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

December 14, 2011

Bouchon Bakery: December 4

I sat in Bouchon looking at the tree and scribbled onto postcards to people I loved. Matty's was first. If I hadn't addressed it already it would have been sent to myself instead because it so perfectly captured the moment. Those are my favorite postcards. The ones you know that without the privilege of the person sitting beside you, articulate fully what you are witness too.


My heart is full and content as I sit here- eating breakfast at Bouchon Bakery in Rockefeller Center. My view is perfect. The tree in all its splendor perched perfectly allowing all those to celebrate Christmas to gather. This moment is perfect. There has been an ease and quiet to this day which is welcomed to this very tired worn out girl. I have instantly felt at home and it feels as though Santa is real mostly because a little girl beside me is talking about an email she received from Santa Claus himself! My family arrives later today for the game. But I am so thankful to have had this time. This morsel of time to remember and celebrate the joy of the Christmas Season.
Love.Love.
Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment