Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

January 7, 2011

Vision.



Self.
It's appropriate that I found this postcard today and more so that the title of the picture is "vision". Without sounding too cheesy I have a vision and dream for this year. The greatest thing about relationships in life for me- have always been the pursuit of better, dreams, greatness, change, and mutual motivation and accountability. I have always wanted to run. Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, and fear of failure have often paralyzed me. However. In 2011, I am taking back control and I am enlisting my sisters... to run the half marathon in Disney World in September. I have a vision to complete, not win this race. Which means I win anyway. (and get a Disney medal: YES!) So Mickey... I will see you this fall! AHH!
Love.Love. Me


So Yes. In the past three days I have gotten incredible support and enthusiasm. Not to mention Matty has agreed to travel to the World this Fall to be an official Cheerleader- perhaps with Jessica too! The best reaction comes from Kristyn when I called her at 9am to ask her what she was doing this particular weekend in September, and that's she's busy, she goes: "Are you getting married?" Kalan is also interested, Mandy is thinking about it, and Krystal... well she's not so interested but she's happy for me. I also have Jessica at work pumped- and she even wrote it in her calendar. I asked Drew and Ryan (Ryan, whom has NEVER been to a Disney Park) if they would do it, and both had inquisitive interested eye reactions...

Suffice it to say I'm thrilled that I have returned to an incredibly special place in my life that my ideas are well liked and supported- and that by simply by making this leap and asking those I love to join me: there could be a massive party at the finish line after this race!

Are you interested in running with us? We all have our reasons- what is yours?
Send me a postcard and tell me about it! (shameless plug, though I don't care!)

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/

No comments:

Post a Comment