Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

January 9, 2011

Sentimental Sunday's

Sentimental Sunday's... to pay homage to favorite past postcards sent on the day the mail doesn't come! As I continue to work my mind around this half marathon idea, I figured we'd keep the Disney theme going. Below is a postcard from Tokyo DisneySea circa June 2010. Some weeks I'll post old ones of my own, or favorites of the past sent by those I love.


Self.
1) Not understanding a single word of the Jungle Cruise
2) Mickey
3) Space Mountain
4) Blue Sky. Hot day.
5) Laughter.
6) Passport in Hotel Safe.
7) Happy. Even in the absence of T.M.M.
8) Last Park Done.
Yay.
Me.

The longer version:
1) the Jungle Cruise was completely in Japanese. I had no idea what was so funny!
2) The only Mickey in the parks was found in ToonTown, as Steamboat Mickey. Loved it.
3) Space Mountain. I was behind a group of girls that wore wigs, fake colored eye lashes, heels, and dresses. They thought I was completely underdressed in my yoga pants, tank top, and chacos.
4) The sky was so blue. I remember thinking that it was so strange to see blue sky after having spent the time in China, where the air pollution was so thick and distracting.
5) Laughter. I laughed a lot.
6) Passport was no where to be lost--- tucked safely inside my hotel safe! Oh...Disney Paris you brought back memories.
7) Happy. Even in the absence of Tex, Mandy, and Matty. It was weird but still incredibly fun to be there, just missed them. I think Disney and those friends go together like peas and carrots.
8) Last Park. Done. Checked off after the World, the Land, Hong Kong, Paris, and finally complete in Tokyo. That is until Shanghai opens! Holla!!


No comments:

Post a Comment