Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

January 23, 2011

January 2010: Lost.

Disney World 2010:
A year ago Matt, Mandy, Tex, Jeni and I were all together in Orlando to participate in the Family Fun Run 5K at Epcot. On my personal blog I have written a lot about that particular trip and period of my life. My heart always notices mile markers, and is introspective about the journey in terms of, "one year ago... I was (blank)". When I think about that sentence, I would probably fill blank in with more then one word, but all leading back to the truth of, "One year ago, I was lost." The first six months of 2010 were not good. There is no need or point to sugar coat them. However, the second half of 2010 was beloved and amazing.

Sometimes I admit I have a hard time thinking about where I was, how I was feeling, what I was thinking about, and what I was doing a year ago right now. I don't like her very much, I am worried for her- even though at the time I had no idea the depth I would have to go before there was nothing else to do... but rise.
I found this postcard recently. I knew when I wrote it that I had to send it, and I had to remember some goodness about that trip even though it was emotionally exhausting and mentally draining. Tonight I read those ten listed items and I know that they were true. I wish however, in the list I would have been able to mention that I was lost- so perhaps when I got home and the postcard came, I would know that it was time to be found. That came later. It didn't come in the mail with a stamp on it. It came on a curb. With a best friend whom held up a mirror and everything after that was different (in the hardest and best way possible). I wish I could articulate with sufficient vocabulary and sentence structure what happened, what changed, and how the Lord refined, rescued, and reformed me. Perhaps in the book... one day- I will be able to truly share the most amazing love story of my life that time after time has never quit, never walked out, never yelled, and never once believed the lies I so often have. Jesus. He's the best. His Grace never gets old. Even after meeting Him 15 years ago.
So you see... Postcards. Sometimes they tell the story of the moment, but sometimes like this one-- they also tell the story of what happened later. This one in particular is hard to remember. There is a lot not said. I am thankful for the journey. No doubt. But if I could add a number eleven to this list I would simply write, "It's time". But that... came six months later.

My personal blog has privacy restrictions, but if you would like to be included in the journey written there consider this your open invitation, and just email me so that I can add you to the list: karirburgess@gmail.com



SELF:
1) Tigger & Up Characters... Joy!
2) Finishing the 5K & well
3) 3D Toy Story Game/Ride
4) Bus ride from the Magic Kingdom (stretch) ;o)
5) Almonds
6) Castle Sparkly Beautiful
7) Hot Cocoa
8) Laughing
9) Dino Land
10) Glances

1 comment:

  1. "...the most amazing love story of my life that time after time has never quit, never walked out, never yelled, and never once believed the lies I so often have. Jesus. He's the best. His Grace never gets old."

    beautiful truth, my friend! (:

    ReplyDelete