Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

January 16, 2011

San Francisco 1999: Brother

Sentimental Sunday's:

A blast from the past... a beloved brother sent this postcard in June of 1999 during his time living in San Francisco. Which was much too far away for me, but was exactly what he needed. I think I always knew that, but I admit that during those years I needed him too and struggled with the distance. I went out to visit for Spring Break my Sr. year in High School. When I returned home I missed him more then I knew how to process-- and this postcard hit the spot. I got it a few days before I graduated, and taped it to the mirror in my room. It lived there for a long time.

Bill was the first best friend I ever had and still to this day there is not a man whom I trust to love and protect me better. I sincerely hope and pray that my future daughter, will have an older brother just like him. (I'm banking on the fact when its time to have a family I will first have a son, then a daughter. I know I can't control it, but its just how I have always pictured/planned it in my head, haha).

Kari,
Wanted to drop a note to say "hello", I tried to call but you were out. I wanted to stick my tongue out at you over the phone but this will have to do.
Miss you.
Love.
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment