Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

January 19, 2011

Carousel.

Last week I discovered a box of photographs that I printed for my Europe photo albums. They were printed with white borders, and I love them... I got crafty and decided that when the mood suits me that I will adhere card stock to them, and make my own postcards for this year's postcard adventure blog. This one below is from Paris, underneath the Eiffel Tower. It was a beloved, quiet, and peaceful night. There are many favorites from this evening- and I often go to others before this one. However, this one was perfect for what I had to say about last week.
Self.
Sometimes I feel a lot like the moving carousel on front of this card. Last week was not particularly stellar. I felt emotionally and mentally fatigued and that I was unable to slow down. It makes sense when I take my work schedule and life into consideration. I write this only to remind myself later that even in the midst of chaos and insanity that God is real. His promises are absolutely true and His love for me can keep up with the schedule and the stress and that I need and deserve to rest with Him. I know that change does not happen overnight but that transformation is happening. Freedom has come and I need to remember that the battle is being fought. Each day. I am worth more then the fear of failure. And I am worth more then I am often treated. I am finding how often choosing love can hurt. And that the instinct to walk away can still cut. But I am determined that in the midst of highs and lows of life to remember that a week as challenging as this one-- that I still found Joy. Hope. Love. And Truth to remain. And... felt the nearness of Christ.
Love. K

No comments:

Post a Comment