Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

January 29, 2011

Sunday Reflections: January 23


Check SpellingSunday Reflections
I was off on Sunday- and I did not want to go to Church. I wanted to snuggle into my bed and sleep the entire day. With 10 minutes to get out my house I threw my hair up into a ponytail, threw on jeans & drove north. I did not want to be there. I wanted to be alone. To be quiet. I wanted to not talk. To be anywhere else. But I went.
And Jesus blessed me so richly and extravagantly. He quieted the selfish parts of my heart so that I could listen. So that I could hear. So that I could be made completely whole in His presence. His alone. Not in my own. Not by myself or lost in my own thoughts.
Afterwards I hung out with the Daley's-catching up and laughing. I came home, worked on the house, followed two important football games, made dinner, and went to bed. Sunday began with a fight. A battle. It was loud and it was ugly. Praise God that when I realized that I could not win it- I went exactly where He wanted me. In a Sanctuary. To hear and listen about Revelation and Truth. I was challenged. I was humbled. I was found in my seat and I was spoken to. On a day off in which I often struggle to focus on the truth I was able to celebrate. Smile. Laugh. Be in my own skin. Freshly centered.
"Revelation is nothing without Jesus Christ."
"What do you think of the person being revealed?"
"Eternity is not long enough to get out of their hearts and souls all that they desire to express."
And finally Essen closed by reminding us that, "I am fundamentally not my own anymore. Receive the one who was revealed!"
---> eyes to hear. ears to see. to see the word and hear the vision. amen! k.

No comments:

Post a Comment