Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

August 5, 2011

7 Links Challenge

Seth recently was nominated for the Seven Link Challenge on Blogger, and then consequently tagged me as one of the blogs to mention. I have thought about this list for a little while, and am finally sitting down to write it (thanks for helping me procrastinate the packing)

The rules are:
1) Blogger is nominated to take part
2) Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category.
3) Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part.
4) These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers
5) And so it goes on!
6) We’ll be sharing the best posts from participating bloggers on our blog and everyday on Facebook and Twitter at #My7Links

So here it goes:
  • My most beautiful post: More Alive: I struggled with this choosing for this category a lot. But... it was about Lent, Easter, and Spring. All of which are beautiful things. So this wins!
  • My most popular post: Hello.Well Yes Hello: Abernathy: Abernathy is an artist and a truly inspiring one at that. She wrote in, and I was completely surprised. A handcrafted masterpiece! This post has been hit on the most (next to the initial one, which I don't count). I love it.
  • My most controversial post: Finished: I don't have any. But I will mention this one because it was my favorite things about work when I left, and I may have left off a few things by accident. There were some opinions. For sure.
  • My most helpful post: From a small idea...: This blog post started out the vision for postcard pen pal. Some people caught on late in the train, and I'd send them back to the beginning. This blog truly started from one very small idea, to be pen pals with someone utilizing only postcards. Then in the brainstorming, I started talking about my favorite thing to do when traveling was sending postcards back home to myself. "What if I did that still, documenting my life at home?" People sometimes get confused that they are actually sent in the mail, but yes... each postcard is mailed. Stamped. Marked in time. This project has gotten to touch more people then ever intended, and I'm excited at the close of the year looking back and compiling one complete, finished book.
  • A post whose success surprised me: Sweet 15: Starbucks: I posted this postcard I received from Starbucks as one of my free drinks associated with their gold card. This post has gotten more hits then I ever thought- I wonder who Googles Starbucks 15 and this pops up? I don't know. But every week, it shows back up again on the list and I have to chuckle.
  • A post I feel didn't get the attention it deserved: I am thankful that every post has gotten attention! But if I were to pick one that I think was just a winner that didn't overwhelm the stats charts? I want a thousand of these postcards that Mandy sent while she was on assignment. I loved it. Correspondence Card: Mandy.
  • The post I am most proud of: Carousel: the purpose of this blog was that I wanted to document real, true, honest life. I wrote this postcard from an exhausted and worn out place, but it was still hopeful. And I love it because I will look back on this year remembering all things, all fought things, and praising God that He was in it all.

My Blogs I'd Like to Mention (minus Seth's of course). I don't read a ton of blogs, but I don't miss a single one of the two below. Even if Julie, you are infrequent! *uh hum, write more!

1. My friend Julie doesn't write as regularly as she used to, but I love it still. Whenever she updates the blog and I read it, I can hear her voice talking about her subject matter and I just smile. Joyful Journies.

2. I have been following Spooner's Blog FOR-EVER! I often steal things she's written off of it for my own use, she's just an incredibly gifted writer. She is both funny and serious, but regardless of the subject matter, she's always a great read. Present Company Excluded.



No comments:

Post a Comment