Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

August 23, 2011

Downtown Freetown: Seth

First postcard sent to the new house by a really fun person who is in AFRICA! It was ridiculously fun to see the piece of mail tucked into the mailbox, and then walk upstairs to have dinner with Matty before he left back for home in Virginia. It was very warm and fuzzy.

Seth is the best. During the packing and moving he was consistently making me laugh and smile through the days when the task seemed endless- and was even interested in a live blog feed of moving day (I compromised with some random Facebook comments). He can write a seriously witty email- which has often made me laugh out loud at the computer. I am continually thankful for his friendship and his commitment to being intentionally in touch despite the long distance from here to there.

Please check it his blog if you haven't already its a great read- and the most recent post about Tamba might have you considering a move to Africa yourself. Seth's Great Blog.

Things of note:

1. I had a conversation with Matty yesterday about the ugly postcard stamps.
2. RPPC's are an acronym Seth created for Real Photo Post Cards. Sometimes I like to get crafty. Once the "office" is unpacked in the new place, I'll get back to crafting. ;o)
3. I love mail. That comes from Africa, and arrives in North Carolina--- which is still a little strange that I LIVE here now... but am happily adjusting, and mail def. makes it feel more like home!
Thanks Seth, you are the best!


14 August 2011
Kari Ann,
Hello and welcome to your new home! I hope you are settled in by now and enjoying life in NC. I've been in Salone now for five and a half months- I can't believe its been that long! My new job in the OR office is great! Lot's of interesting surgeries going on and there are hernias for days...
I really love all the RPPC's you keep sending- Don't stop!
Can't wait to 1. eat dumplings, 2. see you this winter, 3. see this postcard on the blog
-you're the best! miss ya! (ugly stamp)
-seth

3 comments:

  1. What is up with that big question mark by your address??? I didn't put that there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make it known that I don't think these stamps are ugly

    ReplyDelete