Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

August 14, 2011

virginia: one of two





8 years.
That's much longer than I ever considered the summer of 2003 when I first arrived on Summer Staff @ Rockbridge. I fell in love instantly with the mountains. In recent years I have come and gone quite a bit but driving back or landing always felt like home. I met Theresa, Holmes, Mandy, Matt, Julie and Tex here (and Jessica too). Actually- there are so many more to be thankful for but they have been part of my family in intimate and powerful ways. The Lord blessed me with tears to help me grow- and strength to keep moving me forward. He's given me hope when I've not known the path- and Hie's given me grace when I'm fumbled. If North Carolina produces even half as much fruit- I will consider myself blessed, and spoiled. I wouldn't change a thing about this adventure and experience. I am thankful for more then I ever dreamed would arrive and am sure its time to say goodbye. Though I will miss my family being so close- my heart aches too because I am leaving Matty. And he has been the best and most loyal friend I ever could have scored... so to my list on postcard 2...



No comments:

Post a Comment