Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

October 5, 2011

Sydney: Kat

Kathryn.
And.
Kari.

Those names have been synonymous off and on through the years. We've had periods of intense closeness, and other times of much distance. However, regardless of the circumstance, or the side of that pendelum we happen to rest... She is always there. In the picture. Part of the story. I don't think that could make sense to anyone but us.

It's true as we get older we learn, realize, and come to terms with the people in our lives that mean the most- are often those people we never, ever, truly move on from or let go of. Kathryn is one of those people. I participated in her wedding ceremony, and I know that if the miles were fewer between us I would go to Chez Leonard with her on a fall day with her new baby girl to talk about life, to laugh about where we've been, and to connect. In a real authentic way.

I got her postcard from Australia a few weeks ago, and misplaced it in a pile of other papers. Finding it today was a treat, to celebrate a friendship that despite distance, time, and schedules endures. I'm glad that when this project completes its 2011 segment, that she is part of it. It wouldn't be the same without her.



Greetings from Sydney!
This has been an amazing trip and I can't believe its almost over Of course I miss the fam, but we have things that I will never do again- climbed the Harbour Bridge (like Oprah) + private dinner at the Opera House, def a kangaroo and touched a koala. Walked rom Congee Beach to Bondi and saw beautiful waves- the rock and color are so different here. I could totally imagine staying. Ah well, back to reality. Definitely make the trip one day. xo Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment