Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

October 31, 2011

Asheville: McGlades

Sometimes I day dream about living in Asheville, having my own little K.Renee Boutique, working with Matt and running a catering company. The day dreams and visions began when I first was introduced to Asheville years and years ago. Chris and Caroline McGlade were great friends that would always let me show up with an entourage and hang out with us for a long weekend. Matt and I made the most trips- fairly consistently and he was even there with Smusz and I for the wretched ankle sprain that almost killed me. Seriously. That injury took over 10 months to heal.

I grabbed Gracie last week and went for a drive. No particular agenda in mind. Just wanted to head into the Blue. Quickly realizing that Asheville was so close, we enjoyed the city. I had lunch at a favorite place, went to some beloved Antique and Art stores... we went on a walk around the lake and enjoyed the warmth of the day.

Matt. Chris and Caroline. Were at every turn. And that was the best part. ;o)


A perk of living in North Carolina is that I am closer to some of my favorite places. I was introduced to this place by Chris and Caroline McGlade- and was able to experience and taste such goodness through their suggestion and friendship. It's strange hanging out here today- and not staying at their house, and playing Poker + enjoying time. Texas feels too far away now! I miss the Blue Ridge Mtns, most especially when I know that they are on fire with hues of gold, orange, and red. The quick 2 hours felt like a time machine and its been a marvelously fun and delicious day. There are memories at every turn and I've thought often of the McGlades and Matty. Great Day.
Love. Love.
Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment