Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

October 25, 2011

Mayberry Autumn Leaves Festival



Not often that I have a Saturday off. I wanted to go BIG. I wanted to enjoy some North Carolina culture and experience new things. Thanks to a handy events guide we snagged at a winery, we found Mt. Airy's Autumn Leaves Festival. It wasn't until driving up there that I realized Mt. Airy is the home of Mayberry. Mandy and I walked around and enjoyed bantering while people watching and window shopping all of the "old time" general stores. I am looking forward to hitting up the small town to enjoy its quiet nature and without the crowds- even if only to take pictures . This one was a favorite of Saturday- in the midst of a closed down street and people bustling around- 2 men sat and played checkers.
Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment