Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

October 25, 2011

October 19



When I traveled to Disney a few weeks ago- I had not flown in over a year. Not that I was avoiding it- just used my time to visit people by Honda. Sitting in the Charlotte airport- which is awesome to live by- I kept thinking that there is always a part of me that will feel at home in an airport. That the pace, movement, and processes behind the transit are comfortable, familiar, nearly perfected and well versed. I haven't formulated a disinterest- but after last August's sister trip I knew that I was done. I knew that I was done for a while. I had changed. I found, explored, and waited through the pursuit and then I finally moved on. Having arrived at this overlook- surrounded by God's creation in the Blue Ridge. I felt a lot like I did in the Airport. Home. Familiar. In some ways brought to life. The difference was I don't have to let them go, or choose. North Carolina has both. It's Land & Air. City & Mountains at the same time.
And its amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment