Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

May 22, 2011

San Francisco: August 2010

It's Sunday. Time for a sentimental offering. Haven't done this in awhile.

I walked past my fridge and saw this one. It was glaring at me.

Recently, I have been craving the Sister experience of last summer, both Vegas and the CA road trip with Krystal. I have been mostly craving San Francisco. Four years ago I spent the end of a 5 week adventure in the Bay Area and hadn't been back until last summer. I felt at home. I felt different. There are only a handful of cities in the United States that I can feel as close to myself while being so removed from everything I love at home.

I think in my core I'm a West Coast girl. I tend to fight it, but its true. Something happens to me in the presence of the Pacific Ocean and 3 hour time difference, and I'm at ease. It's kind of bizarre to explain, but if you've been with me through CA or the Pacific NW you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

So here is a post card from August 2010.
That trip, finished off an incredible summer.
Probably the most intimate and triumphant of my entire life.

As I look forward to this summer and all that it will bring, there is a growing part of me that hopes, prays, and petitions for it to include another time spent with the Sisters together as a whole.


Self.

1. Wicked "For Good".
Defying Gravity.
2. Gold Gate Bridge.
The view thru fog.
3. Mel's Diner.
4. Getting door closed in parking garage.
5. Sausalito.
6. Bart... getting off bus. 'oops I crap pants scare'
7. Hot Dogs: yummy
8. Fisherman's Warf.
Sea Lions.
9. Cooler temps: freezing
10. peaceful heart. even so close.
<3 me

No comments:

Post a Comment