Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

May 22, 2011

Joshua Tree: Andrew Baumann

This postcard came in from Andrew a few weeks ago. I had a broken scanner and I placed it in a secret, 'I won't forget' place. I forgot. Just found it though. Winner.

Andrew and I met summer of 2004. He was in the Snack Bar on Summer Staff. The story goes, that we weren't instant friends. That came much later. But we were in touch through the years, and saw each other from time to time. Last February we actually missed each other in Seattle by a matter of days. However, he quickly after accepted a position at Rockbridge to work in Guest Services. We thought our time in Lexington was going to be short, there were other plans. Well, plans changed and since then we've shared several house dinners, Phase 10 competitions, Margarita nights, and Fooventures. He is a beloved friend, and I appreciate that we both grew up in ways that we would and could become friends... who would have thought after that month we met? Seriously.

I love that this is to the point. Ryan and I had dropped him off at the airport and encouraged him on his journey West. I had prayed for his time to be restful, restorative, and revealing. I think and hope it was all of those things and more.



Hey!
So lost my postcard from Yosemite But I got from from JTree.
I had lots of fun rock climbing and hiking. -Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment