Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

May 31, 2011

Barcelona: Pat

Pat and I met almost exactly one year ago in Beijing. We were on a team to work and serve at a Foster Home for two weeks. I think it was pretty instant that we became friends. Especially in light of a mutual addiction to Diet Coke (which crazily enough I have since broken!).

My favorite memory of Pat is from the day we walked into the Village together. I, armed with my camera to document every last detail and moment across the planet, and she with her heart wide open to share real and deep hard things. I talked a lot about relationships, and processed through the perspective I was gaining while being so far from home. She listened, encouraged, and promised to pray for and with me. She became a beloved and special friend. And I often think about the places I would love to travel with her! We share a common heart for missions, and international adventures. I can't imagine having gone to China the way I was feeling, only to return as centered and focused I was if not for Pat's contribution to my story.

Pat- thanks so much for thinking of me! My time in Santorini was two years ago and it was an incredibly special time wrapping up five weeks solo in Europe just pausing before myself, the Lord, and taking pictures along the way. Miss it there. And next time- I AM GOING WITH YOU! Well... at least until then we must plan a get together!


May 19, 2011

Kari,

Just completed a Med Cruise that I have been on since May 7. It was wonderful! If you have not visited Santorini, its a photographer's paradise! The cruise stopped at Athens- Ephesus, both of which we aren extra thrill to me due to this Mar's Hill Sermon on Acts 19 & 20. I once acted out a play the riot in Ephesus, never dreaming I would make it to the place where it broke out! The travel bug still bites. If you get wonder lust, call me. I am always a week away from anything interesting!
Love, Pat Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment