Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

April 5, 2011

Nepal: Meghan

And... the award for furthest traveled postcard goes to my sister in law, Meghan. Way to go.
So... Meghan is a lot more adventurous and bold then I am. She is currently trekking in Nepal, for two months. She just kicked my Europe trip ambition's ass.

My brother married Meghan 11 1/2 years ago. They lived in SFO in the beginning of their marriage, and then moved back to the East Coast. A couple of years after their return I started thinking about moving South. I had no idea when that idea was born that I would end up on Property Staff in the mountains, after planning for the Beach. But the time between our houses can be clocked at 3hrs, and thats fantastic.

We have shared holiday's as a family. Met for several Melting Pot Celebration's. Gone to the Beach. Screamed on roller coaster's. She has hosted many a sleep over with my Lexington friends. We have laughed a lot. Thanksgiving this year with the full house- she stayed up late with "the kids" to party and throw a ping pong ball around.

She is now in Nepal. Doing all sorts of crazy things. She's one bold and crazy lady. I can just imagine her telling her inappropriate and often random jokes to her Sherpa as they trek. This visual actually makes me giggle a little bit out loud. I however, wish I could just follow her journey and take 10,000 pictures of every last thing I see, while she looked and marveled at rocks.

3/13/11
Kari! Hope you are well! Think of you a lot... Things are great here in Kathmandu, Nepal. I'm staying at this hotel. It's pretty old, it has temple carvings everywhere. You would love it here. I have met so many solo women trekkers & travelers. More postcards soon!
Love, Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment