Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

April 22, 2011

Myrtle Beach: JJ

When I got to work today JJ got animated with remembering she had something for me from her mini-vacation to the Beach last weekend. She told me not to get too excited, and I tried to guess what it was. She came back to the front and told me to close my eyes, and handed me a postcard. Don't get too excited? I LOVED IT! She didn't get it in the mail, but that's ok.

JJ has become a treasured and beloved friend. The 2nd day we worked together I realized that we were meant to be BFF's. We have endless things in common, and mostly- we can talk about real life and laugh at it with each other. For awhile we kept having Monday's off, so we would have full on Jessica and Kari date days. Mimosas's, mani/pedi's, lunches, dinners to Ichi, shopping (lots of shopping), and laughter. They were the best. A few weeks ago she came with me to my Dr.'s apt, and afterwards we went to W'burg to the Coach Outlet and to have dinner with my brother. It was great to be able to share the news that came from my Dr. in the moment and not have to wait to talk about it, and then spend the rest of the afternoon justifying expensive bag purchases.

I'm like her 2nd spouse (her husband Brian is GREAT), and when talking about me moving away she shuns the notion and then says "I'll relocate with you". So many stories of the past five months include her, and I'm thankful that well after our Bridal day's are over we will still have so much to share and laugh about. She's a fantastic friend, and with all the changes at work we've had less time to hang out... lame. But we are bringing Sangria Saturday's back soon, and I can't wait. My favorite thing though? Whenever I am leaving to head home from hanging out she asks I text to let her know I made it home ok. Makes me feel so loved.



Kari Berry:
I finally got a postcard for you! I'm so sad that you're hurt, but I'm glad we're working together today! We need to have a dinner date ASAP! I feel we're drifting apart and I'm not a big fan of that! Miss you wife!!
Love, JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment