Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

September 26, 2011

To Become: Community & Church



The Lord clearly placed 2 people in my path- and led me to Center Grove Church for my first Sunday off. All the pieces came together- and I was able to attend Life Group Sunday School- and then the 11am worship service. It was hard for me to focus and quiet my mind at points but the Pastor made some poignant points about ministry and impacting your network for Christ. Afterwards I talked to some girls I had just met and by the time I had made it to lunch with Kristyn to watch football- I was friended on Facebook. It was encouraging in the span of 3 days to host my first dinner party for girls I work with and then to go bowling. The differences are striking in the friends I am making here- but also warmly familiar. I am able to be completely myself- laugh- and love freely. I have dinner plans tonight with Ashley- someone I met @ Church on Sunday. We instantly clicked. Exactly 1 month after I moved here I was inviting people into my home for a meal and laughter... God has been so generous in allowing me opportunities to create a community and life here. I always felt it was a gift and blessing- and I know at times I struggle with not having balance or better boundaries. But in getting settled into W-S I am able to recognize and celebrate the ways that I have changed and grown in truly great ways and how much more equipped and prepared I was for this adventure because I didn't run away from the hurtful events of last year. I waited. Prayed. And finally. It was time. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment