Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

September 26, 2011

Things We Wish We Had Known: One

photograph was taken while on vacation in California last summer.




I had a conversation with Rika yesterday talking abut "Things we wish we had known then." She wrote a children's book as a project for school- and after we bantered around thoughts. I kept thinking about it all day. My initial reactions ranged from light and sentimental to more weighted and substantial. The first one I wrote down so that I would not forget was, "I wish I knew not to let what others said or thought dictate the way I cared for my heart and body." I think so many times we forget that we are precious, beautiful, people of God and giving someone power to make us believe differently is detrimental to our growth and pursuit of Christ. He sees us. Loves us. And while He desires us to grow, change, and mature- He loves us totally from the inside out. Surround yourself with people who lead and encourage you to that truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment