Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

September 22, 2011

Luzern: Seth and Julie

Seth and Julie Michels are probably two of my most favorite friends in the "we instantly can pick right back up again, regardless of how much time has passed" category.

I have written a lot about my friendship with them on my All Roads Lead Back To Blog over the years, and the birth of it with Julie while on Summer Staff in 2003. There have been so many endless prayers to the Lord that I would one day live in the same place as them, and even tried really hard to fall in love with Newburgh, only to get the flu when I arrived. It was a terrible flu. But if you are going to be sick- nothing beats hanging out and doing puzzles with Julie until all hours of the night.

It's been since Christmas since I've seen them, and I think that's just so weird. But I loved that at Christmas on their very packed social calendar while in NKY there was time carved out for me, for conversation, and for laughter.

They recently went to Europe, and I wish I could have fit myself into one of their suitcases. I prayed for their trip daily, and hoped that the Lord would use the time away from every last commitment, responsibility, and distraction, to focus on the culture and experience together. They celebrated their 5 year wedding anniversary this past summer, and I am so thankful that Julie is not only as important to me now, but more so as our friendship has blossomed in Christ. Love her. And that crazy Husband of hers that I like to banter deep relational and spiritual things with over dinners while I visit. They are the best. (and points to Seth for signing his own name!)




Friend,
You TOTALLY must go to Switzerland on your next European adventure. Luzern is beautiful beyond words. Lots of old buildings- all in great condition. Fresh flowers everywhere. Went mountain biking in the Alps one day, swimming and relaxing in Lake Luzern another, and to an Ensemble Orchestra one night during their huge annual festival. It's clean and perfect everywhere here. Seriously in love! On our way to Italy. Totally different and we can't wait. Hope you're enjoying NC and getting settled int your new place and joy. Love to you.
Love.Love
Jules and Seth

1 comment:

  1. Yay for this!!!!!! I am finally getting back to reading blogs. I am in Louisville helping sweet Mikey get ready for his wedding on Saturday. And we had a great time at Shan's last weekend. We're crazy. But thanks for all the love and the comments. I miss you like a crazy person and can't wait to catch up soon. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete