Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

February 4, 2012

Friends. To. Siblings.





Matty and I at somepoint in the past 8 years or so have made the quiet shift from friends to siblings. I was made more of this 2 years ago when a hot August day brought an unexpected and difficult obstacle in his health. I sit here with him @ UVA while tests are being run to determine the course of treatment. On Thursday I was in the car en route to Roanoke to listen to 2 voicemail messages- the first from Matt updating me on the day and his journey to UVA. I didn't cry and I didn't suppress my fears and questions. I remained quiet and confident in the Lord's timing which to be in VA already scheduled was amazing and was completely peaceful. The days and hours following that have been consistent- true and profound trust and love in Jesus and for this brother whom I so grateful to know, trust, and share life with. I do not know the path , but I know that it is with Jesus and it will be good in a lot of ways. 2 years later I am amazed at how different I am- and we are. And that is because we were carried through that scary time holding onto the promises in Christ. I have been made stronger and more peaceful because of that. And I am so grateful to have not let that lesson go.

Funny Jesus in The Radio:
1. you raise me up. (twice)
2. starry night (twice)
3. black hour and cherry tree (four!)
4. come back to me (three)
At which point I turned XM off and listened to Christmas music. That was the safest bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment