Documenting the joy and adventure found in the everyday this year, through postcards of my own and those of beloved friends.
The journey began Here.

November 8, 2011

Like A Build A Bear: Matty

Of all the things Matt and I have exchanged, celebrated, and triumphed in our very long friendship... I appreciate most he knows exactly how to make me feel loved on my birthday. In the past 8 years he's thrown many parties in my honor- with perfectly chosen menu's and invitations. This year he brought his gift to me a few weeks early during a visit, and I left it neatly wrapped on my counter- waiting for the 4th. After I did my coffee and Gracie walk time on Friday I returned to the house, and sat to open his gift. It was perfect. I loved it. Very me. From his trip to Ireland this Fall. I will love it forever. Much like this card below.

Then I got this in the mail the next day, and next to Abernathy's artistic submission, this is my tie favorite card I've been sent since this project was conceived.

The day and weekend was full. I was surprised at every turn and felt loved in each nuance of a moment, and event of the day. Thankful for all the wishes, cards, flowers, gifts, surprise visitors, and friendship. My top 10 card will come this week!





Happy Birthday!
You are 2 feet into the next decade of your life and you are going big!
I know that NC is treating you great on this special day. This handmade postcard is packed full of hopes & love & prayer and just like a build-a bear, it was bathe.
Here to year 31!
Smooches,
Matty

No comments:

Post a Comment